This service provides support for young people making the transition from care, gradually preparing them for adulthood, by giving them the practical social and emotional skills and opportunities for a successful life. We would look to support young people in the following areas:
- Health and Wellbeing - Ensure that young people have access to appropriate health services i.e. signing up to a doctors surgery/dentist in the area
- Accommodation- Support young person to find or maintain suitable accommodation, as this is the cornerstone of staying safe and managing risks.
- Education, Training and employment- We would help the young person to strive to create opportunities to learn and develop new skills. We would provide ongoing support to help young people think about and plan for future educational and employment careers to ensure that they achieve their full potential.
- Financial support- Support the young person to access services which would ensure that they are in receipt of all the entitled and relevant benefits. Support the young person with budget planning, paying bills, etc.
- Involving the young person- It is essential to place the young person at the centre of the service planning and development in order to empower them, they should be able to have choice and control over the decisions made and make the odd mistake from time to time allowing them to learn from their actions.
We take great pride in the services we provide, we would love to talk to you about assistance and support we might be able to provide to you.
We are accredited and work with Sefton MBC to provide various support services and we can answer any questions you may have. Just give us a call!