We value our comprehensive training programme which is delivered by our award winning trainers, it is at the heart of the service we provide. We deliver a fantastic three phase training programme, consisting of the following:
- Phase 1: 5 days in the classroom to include all subjects required under the Care Certificate Standards.
- Phase 2: A 12-week probationary programme for all new staff.
- Phase 3: Ongoing training and development.
Phase 1: Induction Training
- New employees complete a 5-day programme of training meeting the requirements of the care certificate before they commence work.
- Additional training is offered to those specialising in supporting a specialist service user group.
Phase 2: 12-week Probationary Programme
The programme continues for 12 weeks following the week of classroom based training.
During this period new workers complete a number of service-specific assignments through e-learning or distance learning.
The 12-week probationary programme period also includes:
- Completion of all mandatory training.
- Direct observations.
- Regular contact with line manager.
- Recorded feedback from service users and colleagues.
All our new care workers go out shadowing experienced staff before they go out to work alone and all of our care workers receive ongoing training as required throughout their career. At the end of the probationary programme, a supervision is held with the Registered Manager to assess competence. At this point, completion of the probationary period will be confirmed and the full care certificate is signed off at this time upon successful completion of all elements.
Phase 3: Ongoing training & development
This includes regular updates of all mandatory training which includes:
- Health & Safety
- Infection Control
- Fire Safety
- Emergency First Aid
- Food Safety & Nutrition
- Moving & Handling
- Medication Administration
- Safeguarding Vulnerable Adults and Children
Support from our Employee Engagement Officer
Our designated Employee Engagement Officer is there to support and assist all new employees throughout their first 12 weeks with our company and beyond. They are a central point of contact should a staff member have a problem, need a little extra help, or maybe, just want someone to talk to should something be bothering them.
Full contact information is given upon commencement of employment and they are available between 9am & 5pm Monday to Friday each week (except bank holidays).
Job Specific Training
Training opportunities are offered to staff to enable them to acquire/update/develop knowledge and skills. A wide range of additional courses are available, covering a wide range of topics e.g. Dementia, Mental Health Awareness, Learning Disabilities. (Click here for more details)
We recognise that everybody has a different learning style and can offer various training methods including:
- Classroom-based courses
- Distance learning
- Group sessions
- Individual coaching
- Use of learning resources
Health & Social Care Diplomas
Health & Social Care Diplomas are available to all our staff, through accredited and trusted partners. A wide range of courses are available.
Office Based Staff
Additional training and development opportunities are available for our office based team including:
- Business Administration Diploma
- Customer Service Diploma
- IT Diploma