Over the last 20 years we are proud to have grown and developed a team of care and support workers who continually demonstrate a passion and dedication to deliver the best care they can.
With over 320 active staff, we hopefully know a thing or two about recruiting the best team we can, but here's a flavour of why you should work for WarrenCare:
- Competitive rates of pay
- 5.6 weeks paid holiday per year
- Flexible working patterns
- Full and part time positions
- Well co-ordinated, geographical runs of work
- Regular service users and consistent hours
- Ongoing training and development opportunities, (click for more details)
- Health & Social Care Diplomas after 6 months
- Opportunities to develop your skills and provide specialist services
- Supportive management team who are committed to delivering a quality service
- Regular 1:1 supervision meetings with your line manager and team meetings
- Opportunities for career progression and development, many of our existing management team have worked their way up!
- Excellent communication including monthly Staff Newsletter
- A commitment to your health, safety and well-being
What our staff say about us
- 'Everything is going brilliantly, just really enjoying the job, everything clicked into place when I got out into the community', it's 'an amazing adventure.' (Support worker, WarrenCare)
- 'I'm really loving it, I wish I'd done this work years ago, feels so rewarding helping service users.' (Care worker, WarrenCare)
- 'Lovely job, I'm happy!' (Care worker, WarrenCare)
What do we expect from you?
Working with people that require care and support can be a very rewarding, demanding but fun job and we are very clear on want we want from all our teams:
- Friendly and keen to work with all types of people
- Prepared to develop their skills and training
- A flexible team player
But above all you have to be passionate about delivering high-quality care and support.
Useful documents for applicants